District of Columbia
Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer (Secret Clearance) VG00632 (Job Number:441660)
SAIC has an opening for an Azure Cloud Engineer located in Washington, DC.
SAIC has an opening for a Cloud Engineer with a experience operating Azure & VMware infrastructure architecture to support operating and maintaining large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for data center services, desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Enterprise Infrastructure Team at the Department of State (DoS) Information Resources Management bureau. Azure Cloud constructs: ?
- Provide engineering support to enterprise-level solutions for cloud hosting, backup solutions, off-site data replication and service level capacity solutions. ?
- Support the implementation of Azure hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple data centers. ?
- Provision Virtual Machines and patches to the Azure cloud ?
- Maintain automation scripts ?
- Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns ?
- Maintain Configuration DB with all Virtual Infrastructure components ?
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed ?
- Complete Service Request tickets for Azure technical issues
- The Azure Engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for Data Center initiatives.
Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests; and travel within and outside the continental United States, if required (not to exceed 10%).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Core networking concepts (Segmentation, subnetting, routing, public ip, private ip)
- Virtualization (Azure Cloud & On- prem IaaS)
- Automation and scripting
- Cloud IaaS (Any provider but Azure MAG is preferred)
- Cloud PaaS/SaaS (Any provider but Azure MAG is preferred
- Code Source Control
- Infrastructure as Code
- Azure ARM Template deployment
- Azure ARM Template authoring in JSON
- Agile / DevOps concepts
- TFS / VSTS
- Windows Platforms or Server Management
Desired Certifications: ?
- VMware Certified professional 5.5 or higher ?
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate ?
- Networking certifications at CISCO professional level ?
- MCSE Certification Comments: Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 11:58:23 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job