Configuration Manager (Job Number:441668)
This is an on-site position supporting US Central Command on MacDill, AFB Florida This role conducts configuration management activities across USCENTCOM networks. Ensures the configuration management items required to deliver IT Services are managed and maintained in accordance with IT Service Management (ITSM) practices and government regulations. Develops documentation for configuration management activities. Operates a software asset management program to ensure compliance with DOD polices, other Federal laws and ITSM best practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and support leadership with the development of configuration management policies and procedures for government approval and contractor implementation.
- Develop and maintain regulations, TTP, and SOP documentation for Configuration Management identifying how duties are performed.
- Manage and account for assets by protecting the integrity of configuration items (CI)
- Provide recommendations for changes to CIs or their attributes, to include suggestions for new identification procedures, technology refreshment, modified configurations, etc.
- Develop and control the USCENTCOM Standard Naming Convention document for all hardware on the operational networks.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) that contains details of the CIs throughout the product’s life cycle and that provides accurate information to support all the other service management processes.
- Manage the updates of data in the CMDB Product Catalog used to populate the Definitive Software Library (DSL) and Definitive Hardware Library (DHL).
- Ensures customer license liability is limited by harvesting unused license back to inventory
- Perform audits to validate that CIs actually exist and validate the correct data attributes are detailed in the CMDB.
- Track hardware maintenance plans and warranty data in the CMDB.
- Provide the control and maintenance of legal ownership/support documentation (software contracts, invoices, EULAs and support/maintenance agreements) in the Configuration Management System, IAW DOD Record Management policies.
- Recommend tools/reports to help gather Key Performance Indicator (KPI) information to be used to improve processes and procedures that aid leadership in making informed decisions.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure all Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware purchased by USCENTCOM is in compliance with the most current approved “Standard Configuration.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT environment with exposure to desktop, server, telephony, and IT infrastructure environments.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Enterprise Agreements and VMware Enterprise License Agreements
- Experience with BMC Remedy software application
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification a strong plus
- International Association of IT Asset Manager (IAITAM) Certified Software or Hardware Asset Manager a strong plus
- Clear, authoritative and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver well thought out and organized products within deadlines
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job