District of Columbia
System Engineer/Program Manager (Job Number:441650)
The successful candidate for this position will have experience with DoD Acquisition and program management, preferably with Air National Guard or National Guard Bureau experience, and will provide on-site support to the National Guard Bureau A5 Planning and Requirements group.
Duties will include coordinating activity at multiple installation sites, management oversight for installation and testing activity for Sense and Avoid program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing contract vehicles for multiple government agencies, writing statements of work, coordinating funding documentation and required support agreements, tracking spending and monitoring Period of Performance, developing estimates, and acting as a point of contact for contracts-related activity.
- The selected team member will be directly involved in Subcontractor oversight, program coordination between the sites and NGB, test and evaluation, and fielding of Air National Guard Sense and Avoid systems with a goal of enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) flights in the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Specific duties would include conducting periodic management reviews, updating superiors for program status and issues, and recommending courses of action for the program.
- Knowledge of UAS programs is a plus.
- The team member will review technical reports, prepare and review technical presentations, and manage multiple technical tasks for our government customer.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, and excel at communication and relationship-building.
- The candidate must have strong problem-solving and communication skills (both written & oral).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline and 9+ years of aviation-related program management experience required.
All candidates must possess a current SECRET security clearance in order to be considered for employment.
- Acquisition and contracts experience and work with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is highly desired.
- Air National Guard Headquarters, Joint-Base Andrews, MD. 40 hour work week with limited travel.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 9:12:38 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job