Job ID: 459911BR
Date posted: Nov. 06, 2018
Program: TR3 CNID
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin in Colorado is seeking a Software Engineer to provide Development Operations support to a cutting-edge team developing embedded systems solutions targeting problems related to (but not limited to) Cyber Security.
As one of the largest defense contractors in the world, Lockheed Martin is responsible for developing embedded systems platforms in many exciting domains including satellites and avionics. This Software Engineering position provides the opportunity to get involved on the ground floor of an exciting new program, supporting the design and development of new software and hardware components to be integrated into the future F-35 embedded systems.
The ideal candidate for this position would have experience deploying and supporting applications on Linux platforms. Involvement in all phases of software development is required, i.e. development of software requirements and design documents, project plans, software coding, testing, and training customers on the use of the project. The selected candidate will also assume a role in developing and sustaining the Continuous Integration and Configuration management environment for the team. The selected candidate will also likely be involved in various embedded and Cyber Security related research and development projects.
The team appreciates and applies Agile development principles. The team splits its efforts between research and development projects and the customer-funded projects they spawn. Innovation and creative thinking is highly valued as is leadership and self-motivation. Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and technologies is important to their success and as such most projects target the latest FPGA devices on the market. Training opportunities are often made available.
Littleton Colorado is a suburb of Denver Colorado. Located near the front range of the Rocky Mountains, the area is known for its 300 days of sunshine, thriving cultural scene, and natural beauty. The area offers nearly endless opportunities for nearby snow skiing, hiking, and nature viewing.
-System Administration experience on: Windows and Linux
- Experience with network protocols and network switching/routing devices
- Script development in: Python and Bash
- Ability to troubleshoot problems at all levels of the OSI model
- Designing and implementing network architectures with different operations systems and applications
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Atlassian Toolsuite experience (JIRA, Confluence), GIT, and Jenkins/Bamboo
- Ability to manage competing priorities preferred
- Self-motivated and strong in maintaining environment and documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study, and maintaining proficiency in the technical Cyber Security domain
- Expected to work independently to determine and develop innovative approaches to system issues and team requirements
- Strong communicator
- Configuration Management experience a plus
- Ability to design, write, and execute software test plans
- Technical writing skills to document: system deployment, IP address scheme, tool usage, and testing procedures
- Experience creating operating system gold images with he following: OS, drivers, patches, deployment scripts, and developed applications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day