District of Columbia
Junior Data Scientist (Job Number:441673)
- SAIC is seeking a Junior Data Scientist with knowledge and experience in data analytics.
- Independently performs complex data analytics tasks involving the application of advanced data mining principles, practices, and techniques which require knowledge of customer data domains.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and integrates data mining solutions to complex and diverse problem sets.
- Integration with data analytics platforms including Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop is needed.
- Practices the application of optimum data mining techniques in accordance with customer specifications, quality standards, schedule, and funding guidelines.
- Delivers technical presentations to senior management and customers.
- Transform, improve and integrate data, depending on the USDA’s mission requirements.
- Combine the data result sets across multiple sources.
- Design and implement new analytics & dashboards to enable enhanced tracking for the executive.
- Participates in technical scope definition and negotiations.
- Develops and delivers data mining courses.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years' related experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Data Mining, predictive analysis, and/or machine learning.
- Experience with visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 8:58:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job