Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Assists in providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments. Assists in conduct vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems. Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. Assists in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions. Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent and two to four years of related experience with a minimum of six months experience in one or more of the following: computer network penetration testing and techniques; computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery; computer intrusion analysis and incident response, intrusion detection; computer network surveillance/monitoring; network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Join our elite team of Cyber Hunters who identify and defeat advanced persistent threats (APT's) and analyze patterns to profile adversary groups to protect and defend the most coveted intelligence target in the world. Use your expertise of hunting out the Black Hats playbook and identify anomalies and develop scenarios based on real-world cyber threat intelligence and conduct analysis on the associated data sets. You will collaborate with the detection and incident response teams to hunt for adversary behavior and based on findings, develop logic to operationalize future detection by the incident response function. This Herndon based position will be Monday - Friday with Core Hours. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Clearance Level: Top Secret SCI++
The Senior Cyber Threat Analyst - APT Hunt on this Agency-level Cyber Security support contract executes an APT Hunt capability for the Government. The selected candidate shall have experience with host-based and network-based APT related commercial technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Construct and exploit threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs)
· Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
· Piece together intrusion campaigns, threat actors, and nation-state organizations
· Manage, share, and receive intelligence on APT adversary groups
· Generate intelligence from their own data sources and share it accordingly
· Identify, extract, and leverage intelligence from APT intrusions
· Expand upon existing intelligence to build profiles of adversary groups
· Leverage intelligence to better defend against and respond to future intrusions
· Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise
· Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources
· Conduct initial dynamic malware analysis on samples obtained during the course of an investigation or hunt operation in order to create custom signatures
· Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues
· Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs
· Notify the management team of significant changes in the security threat against the government networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods
· Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
· Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event
· Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, incident response, or related experience
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
Network and Host malware detection and prevention
Network and Host forensic applications
Web/Email gateway security technologies
DoD 8570 IAT Level III or CSSP-IR
BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline)
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.