This position will lead the Fullerton logistics team, comprised of Raytheon employees (Exempt and Non-Exempt), bargaining unit represented employees, Third Party Logistics (3PL) providers, and contractors and report to Sr. Manager of Western Region Logistics. As the Fullerton logistics site lead, the responsibilities will include: adherence to budgets, policies, procedures, and customer support. Managing employees, including the administration of performance reviews/discussions, career growth development, and cross training. Coordination of standard production meetings, generation and measurement of logistics performance and status, and maintaining or improving logistics service level commitments.
The logistical areas of responsibility include; receiving, warehouse flow and management, kitting, distribution, Government Furnished Materials, pack/ship operations, and Property Management support. Responsibilities also include oversight of 3PL operations (Receiving, Warehousing, Mail Services, and Relocation support).
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility is performing the following duties:
- Manage Distribution, Pack/Ship, and GFM teams, including oversight of day to day operations, job assignments, work flow and discipline. Provide oversight of operational support and execution to Property Management goals and objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate (where applicable) day to day operations for all 3PL providers, including Receiving, Warehouse, Relocation, and Mail Services.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities within Logistics organization as it relates to Logistics team.
- Responsible for continuous measurable performance and improvement of Receiving, Warehousing and Pack/Ship, which involves updating and reporting of key performance and productivity metrics.
- Communicate and collaborate with other functional areas, including Production Control, Engineering, Mission Assurance, Procurement, Export/Import, Program office, Facilities, and Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHSS).
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Logistics functions from other sites to develop best practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and establish common processes (where applicable).
- Works with minimal supervision, while utilizing sound judgment in decision making as it relates to current processes, work instructions (E.I.’s) and safety requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained through the utilization of proper area Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Environmental Health Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) required training.
- Responsible for ensuring all required certifications for personnel and equipment are kept up to date.
- Ensure employees are actively managed in accordance with SAS strategies in the areas of trust and respect, employee development, and communication.
- Resolve staffing/HR related issues
- Work within a diverse team environment
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with 3PL provider(s)
- Provide input and assist in the development and refinement of 3PL statement of work (SOW)
- 8 years related experience in Supply Chain logistics
- Experience with SAP-PRISM
- Experience in a Receiving, Warehousing, Pack/Ship and Distribution environment
- Able to effectively communicate across functional disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management skills
- Cross functional Supply Chain experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment and multitask as required
- Ability to travel
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Proven leader in managing safety in the workplace
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
(Can be comparative and subjective (if non-discriminatory). Need not be explicit and should not contain must haves, or required skills.)
- Certified or trained in Lean and Six Sigma methods
- Familiarity of OSHA and Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS)
- Logisticians Certification
- Existing Top Secret Clearance
- Front Line Leadership Experience
- Experience with 3rd party logistics providers
Bachelor Degree (B.S. or B.A) and a minimum of 8-10 years related work experienceDesired Education:
Master Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Logistics related field of study 127498
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.