General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
3. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
4. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
5. Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
6. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
7. Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
8. Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
9. Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing.
10. Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems
11. Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI
12. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
13. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
14. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
15. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
16. Provides security planning for system development lifecycle.
17. Interfaces with client to understand their security needs and oversees the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
18. Supports and leads the development of certification and accreditation documents and artifacts.
19. Supports personnel and physical security, information security, and environmental protection activities. Tracks organizational IA compliance, ensures necessary remediation needs are communicated, tracks remediation through completion and ensures necessary IA documentation is accurate and in order.
20. Prepares for, assists with, and monitors IA assessments (network readiness assessments, DISA Security Readiness Reviews (SRR), Command Cyber Readiness Inspections, NSA Red and Blue Team assessments, vulnerability scans, certification and accreditation reviews).
21. Develops and/or implements corrective courses of action for findings identified during these assessments. Develops technical standards (SOP/TTPs, technical implementation instructions, or other required documentation) for security devices, security operations and other operations as required for Government approval.
22. Ensures all personnel granted elevated privileges or performing IA functions on systems/networks are trained and certified in accordance with the DoD Manual 8570.01M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program and ensures compliance with CYBERCOM directives, orders and requests.
23. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
24. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
25. Participates in special projects as required
26. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
27. Must meet DoD 8570.01M requirements for IAM Level III
28. Must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
29. The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required 6. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
1. 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
2. Must have experience utilizing Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances, HBSS, ACAS)
3. Must have working knowledge of UNIX / LINUX / Windows / Networking / Database (MS-Access, MS T-SQL and Oracle).
4. Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
5. Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment
6. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
7. Requires understanding of DoD/Air Force/NATO policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, and other applicable policies.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.