Entry Level Software Test Developer (Job Number:441676)
The candidate for this position will provide software test support to the U.S. Army Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate. The candidate will be working as part of a software development team that is designing and developing software applications that will enhance Army aviation operations, training and Air Traffic Services activities. Development is in a Microsoft Windows environment. The candidate will directly support the development team as a software tester.
- Integral member of the development team.
- Testing activities to include writing automated test, test plans, executing tests, regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, etc.
- Contribute in improving the overall quality of our software development processes and practices.
- Assist in the estimation of product development efforts
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Keep management informed of testing progress status regularly.
- Professional communication skills demonstrated on a daily basis.
- Reports to a test lead.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required and 0-1 years of experience testing software.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience working with databases using SQL queries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
- Ability to work with large and complex data sets.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile process.
- Development experience with .Net and Visual Studio IDE.
- C# Programming Experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Team Foundation Server.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 9:29:41 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job