District of Columbia
Mid-Level Aviation Analyst (Job Number:441806)
SAIC has provided expertise in support of the many safety related programs under the FAA Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, developing comprehensive aviation safety information sharing and analysis capabilities. The SAIC Team is well positioned to continue their support of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Office of Aviation Safety (AVS) including providing database management support, data integration, advanced analytics, aviation taxonomy and analysis, and modernization of existing platforms and systems. The Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS) program is a broad multi-dimensional government/industry effort to enhance the safety performance of the aviation system through the development of state-of-the-art automated safety information/data analysis and sharing capabilities. ASIAS connects approximately 185 data and information sources across government and industry, including voluntarily provided safety data. This operation will primarily be located in Washington DC.
SAIC is seeking an Aviation Analyst who will:
- Provide professional services involving the analysis and study of aviation technical and operational issues.
- Advise on methods and techniques to improve aviation system work processes, procedures, resources, management controls, information systems, documentation and similar functions.
- Based upon study findings, develop detailed recommendation on methods, procedures to apply and alternative means to improve aviation system performance.
- Determine information requirements and devise methods to secure it.
- Work in concert with team leaders and members engaged in the analysis and study of complex aviation technical and operational issues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS as a minimum in Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct experience either in developing, evaluating or managing aviation industry safety quality assurance policies and programs, or developing, implementing and managing governmental aviation safety regulatory and oversight policies and programs.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with data analysis and/or operations research.
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Civil aviation experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 12:56:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job