Lab Systems Administrator (Job Number:441715)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Lab Systems Administrator
- The systems administrator (SA) will be responsible for administration of Windows and Linux based desktop systems for test and development supporting an Army project.
- The SA will support the project in the troubleshooting of test/development systems, establishing standard operating procedures, user/system management, system patching, and maintaining a system security posture in compliance with DoD information assurance policy, including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) execution, compliance with risk management framework, and DoD/Army cybersecurity best practice conformity.
- The SA will have the opportunity to both manage established and successful systems as well as implement system automation for patching, security baseline compliance, and improve lab Information Technology (IT) as needed.
- Patch, secure, and troubleshoot Linux (e.g., Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu) and Windows 7-based systems within an Army software development environment in accordance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs
- Implement and maintain information security controls within the test and development environment, including user account management, system patching/hardening, installation of antivirus, etc.
- Troubleshoot and respond to system incidents to support lab test & development operations
- Advise team of and implement improvements for system/user management within the environment as well as systems management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing TCP/IP isolated networks and managing DHCP/DNS
- Experience in management and troubleshooting of DoD Linux, Windows, and network systems
- Experience in implementing system and security controls within a DoD IT environment
- Manage installation and configuration of various COTS/GOTS/custom software and systems in accordance with DISA STIGs
- Familiarity with vulnerability management of IT systems and maintaining a Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAaM) for Government lab systems in accordance with DoD best practice
- Baseline certifications for appointment as a systems administrator per DoD 8570.01-M (Active Security + w/CE), current Microsoft/Linux computing environment certification, or ability to obtain a computing environment certification within 6 months of appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field 5–8 years in management of DoD lab systems in accordance with best practice, identifying and implementing system improvements
- Experience in Perl/Python languages
- Experience in interoperability with Army C2 systems
- Experience in documenting as-built IT systems, including standard operating procedures, configurations, etc. Implementing system scripts/automation to improve, manage, and patch systems and assist in system testing
- Experience with Army radio communications for C2 systems; BFT experience preferred
- Proactively monitor IT systems within a lab environment and identify critical needs for improvement
- Comfortable with migrating software and systems amongst different operating systems
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 9:23:38 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job