District of Columbia
Information Engineer- Knowledge Manager (Job Number:441799)
SAIC has provided expertise in support of the many safety related programs under the FAA Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, developing comprehensive aviation safety information sharing and analysis capabilities. The SAIC Team is well positioned to continue their support of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Office of Aviation Safety (AVS) including providing database management support, data integration, advanced analytics, aviation taxonomy and analysis, and modernization of existing platforms and systems. The Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS) program is a broad multi-dimensional government/industry effort to enhance the safety performance of the aviation system through the development of state-of-the-art automated safety information/data analysis and sharing capabilities. ASIAS connects approximately 185 data and information sources across government and industry, including voluntarily provided safety data. This operation will primarily be located in Washington DC.
SAIC is seeking an Information/Knowledge Engineer who will serve on a team responsible for providing the FAA and its customers with expanded analytical services and improved access to the ASIAS collection of aviation data systems, metadata, reports, reference materials and analysis tools. The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to ASIAS program staff in conducting briefings to demonstrate ASIAS portal capabilities when directed by the COR.
- Identify, capture and track ASIAS system/support requirements submitted by users of the ASIAS Data/Information Portal.
- Provide support to the ASIAS program staff in providing guidance to organizations engaged in the establishment of international aviation safety data/information standards, taxonomies and methodologies.
- Maintain and enhance the ASIAS Data/Information Portal.
- Maintain, enhance and develop the ASIAS portal database resource guides, training manuals and system brochures.
- Provide user training and support for the ASIAS portal user resources when directed by the COR.
- Conduct user acceptance testing as new safety databases and analytical capabilities are deployed in the ASIAS portal when directed by the COR.
- Develop and disseminate principal publications for meetings when directed by the COR.
- Provide support for the development and publication of outreach materials when directed by the COR.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and other organizations.
- Prepare draft meeting proceedings and dissemination of products approved by the COR.
- Draft and analyze draft documentation for meetings and disseminate approved products when directed by the COR.
- Provide support for the preparation and distribution of meeting records.
- Prepare/maintain electronic records/databases of data valid values and standards.
- Support development of the FAA Data Registry (FDR) by providing draft recommendations on system requirements, assist with system testing, and demonstrate the system to interested parties.
- Develop data models to support the establishment of data standards and taxonomies when directed by the COR.
- Track work agendas of working groups and committees and develop and maintain on-line project plans.
- Research sources of information and data for the purpose of identifying which should be acquired for aviation safety analytics.
- Identify and document constraints on acquisition of data and information.
- Evaluate technical options for acquiring and maintaining required data and information.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. as a minimum in Engineering, math, or Computer Science.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an Information Specialist/Knowledge Management Analyst.
- Experience creating and maintaining document management and storage systems, such as SharePoint applications/pages.
- Experience writing and executing SQL queries to extract data from relational databases.
- Experience writing queries for Oracle is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable interacting with senior leadership and able to convert technical jargon to laymen’s terms.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 12:54:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job