This is an SAS IT position supporting SAS Advanced Manufacturing systems and associated efforts. Under limited supervision, the Manufacturing Systems Administrator will partner with GBS IT, IT Security, Business Unit PMO, IT Program Execution, IT Architects, Information Assurance (IA), RMS Manufacturing and Test Center and various stakeholders across Raytheon in the implementation and on-going sustainment of Advanced Manufacturing systems to ensure efficient, reliable operations and compliancy with all Raytheon IT Security policies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- System Implementation
- Patch management and security vulnerability remediation
- Systems Security Plan (SSP) development and maintenance
- Log monitoring
- Hardware and software trouble shooting
- System to system integration troubleshooting
SAS includes a diverse set of environments containing many air-gapped (segregated) server infrastructures, peer-to-peer LANs, and multi-use standalone (MUSA) systems utilized across unclassified and classified environments. It is expected the individual has had experience supporting a wide array of IT technologies utilized in factories in unclassified information systems (IS). Drawing from her or his experience, the individual is responsible for addressing IT on-going support responsibilities based on analysis of a broad set of complex business requirements and considerations. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, analytical, and have strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external facing communication. Working on project teams and occasionally leading projects, the SAS IT Manufacturing System Administrator is required to possess practical project management knowledge. Required Skills- include skills that are absolutely necessary to have:
Desired Skills- include skills that would be nice to have but are not must haves:
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and experience working in a diverse computing environment
- 5 years or more of combined experience in system administration of Microsoft Windows, Solaris, and/or Linux environments supporting business critical systems on server and client systems (e.g. Solaris, RHEL, SUSE, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting core Windows Server systems and capabilities, including Active Directory management and Group Policy
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Linux capabilities such as authentication (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, etc), DNS, Samba, and NFS.
- Demonstrated proficiency of VMWare virtualization technology.
- Demonstrated experience with securing Information systems and applications according to documented requirements
- Demonstrated Understanding of server storage technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of encryption and solutions as applied to media (i.e. BitLocker, Luks)
- Demonstrated proficiency with utilization and creation of technical documentation (i.e. implementation guides, design documents)
- Strong communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- On-call, weekend and shift work will be required
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Minimum Education Required:
- Basic knowledge of National Instruments Test Stand and Lab View environments and basic interaction with them
- Experience with legacy operating systems (e.g. DOS, VMS)
- Automation and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc)
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with DevOps, private cloud services and centralized system management (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies
- Experience with risk assessment and management methodologies
- Experienced in the support security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, etc.
- Cross-platform interconnectivity (i.e. Linux/Windows)
- Knowledge of HP and/or NetApp storage technology implementations
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM-related field and 4 years of relevant experience
or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field, 12 years of relevant experience 127611
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.