General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The successful candidate will be responsible procuring, building, deploying, and maintaining both computing and communications solutions including direct engagement with technical and non-technical end users to provide training and root cause troubleshooting. Secondary responsibiliites include performing systems administration duties to maintain mission critical capabilities and adherence to configuration management processes.
1. Knowledge of modern computing hardware and software products.
2. Ability to specify and purchase commodity hardware and software components to satisfy functional requirements.
3. Ability to build and activate new devices.
4. Maintain inventory, track serial numbers and license entitlements.
5. Willingness to deploy diverse operating systems, including enterprise and open source.
6. Installs and configures components including OS, RAID, NAS, network interfaces, and full disk encryption.
7. Ability to specify and purchase commercial Wi-Fi and cellular network components to satisfy functional requirements.
8. Ability to build and activate new devices, including smartphones, tables and mobile broadband hotspots.
9. Familiarity with carrier Wi-Fi calling and/or deploying commercial apps in iOS and Android smart phones and tablets available from iTunes or Google Play stores.
10. Workstation and Server configuration, familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policy, AntiVirus, and AntiMalware.
11. Maintenance and patching of firmware, OS, drivers, and applications.
12. Interprets health/monitoring dashboards and produces reports that use network/system metrics to review user activity.
13. Interprets Windows logs to determine system configuration and/or user account errors.
14. Verifies integrated solutions.
15. Maintains and edits scripts involved with automating deployment of solutions.
16. Utilizes IT CM practices to maintain system baseline configurations documentation and update the documentation to reflect system changes/enhancements.
17. Experience supporting and managing non-traditional network equipment such as Linux based OpenVPN running on Raspberry Pi devices.
18. Experience managing and patching workstations and servers within distributed virtual environments that include both Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems platforms.
19. Experience with configuration, operation and maintenance of Exchange, Asterisk and/or other messaging and voice solutions.
20. Experience deploying and managing virtualization tools such as VMWare vSphere.
21. Experience identifying and resolving root casue problems using WireShark and other network troubleshooting tools.
22. Experience creating and maintaining niche database requirements using MS Access.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.