Cyber Security Engineer-MLRS (Job Number:441813)
Cyber Security Engineer to support the AMRDEC Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal, Alabama in support of multiple systems in the precision fires and battlefield systems domains.
- The selected candidate will be part of a team of Cyber Specialists specializing in Certification, Accreditations and Cyber Security engineering to perform the following:
- Determine the security posture of different Army battlefield systems based on the applicable controls outlined in DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT).
- The candidate will use a variety of testing methods to assess the system's security posture. T
- his includes running automated tools, manual configuration checks, conducting interviews, and reviewing documentation.
- The candidate will interpret the results and make informed recommendations.
- Provides technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions to manage information- related risks.
- Participates with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Configures and validates secure systems and physical controls, and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Ensure that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure
- Provide security subject matter expertise at all engineering, change, configuration control or equivalent meetings
- Assess threats to the environment
- Provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures
- Participate in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process
- Lead/support the quarterly Federal Information Security Management Act audits
- Experience preparing for and conducting cyber readiness inspections, self- inspections, and audit activities
- As needed, design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment
- Experience implementing and managing a patch and vulnerability management and reporting program
- Provide technical expertise for Cybersecurity efforts supporting multiple programs and labs.
- Prepare DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation packages solutions for several system and labs in accordance with DoD Regulations.
- The position is responsible for analyzing and translating Cybersecurity (IA) policy and technical solutions into accreditation packages that meets DoD/Army accreditation standards.
- Strong background in VxWorks or Linux OS.
- Experience with ACAS, NESSUS Pro, Security Compliance Checker, Security Technical Implementation Guides, and DISA Security Readiness Review.
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent
- Certificated Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
- Experience in C++ on embedded Wind River VxWorks and Linux OS Experience writing Perl, Python, or Bash shell scripts
- Familiarity with U-Boot, boot loader, and low level device configurations
- Must currently possess a Secret security clearance and have the ability to obtain a TS security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:38:09 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job