District of Columbia
System Engineer - Lead (Job Number:441569)
Job Title: Systems Engineer (Lead) Description: SAIC is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency.
1. The lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading and managing the service delivery of server and system operations, to include engineers supporting Microsoft, Unix, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
2. The Systems Engineer will oversee and manage all servers/systems operations lifecycle activities for a large shared services environment to include providing Tier 2/3 operational services.
3. Ensure all server activities are designed, engineered and transitions in accordance with agency policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with industry best practices.
4. Ensure all server activities are documented for consistency providing a repeatable quality process.
Primary Location: United States-Washington, D.C.
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Schedule: Full-time
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
1. Must have experience providing lifecycle engineering for all servers and system operations.
2. Experience developing engineering designs, plans and analysis resulting in the recommendation of new or enhanced endpoint solutions based on industry best practices.
3. Experience managing systems engineering projects following industry best practices.
4. Experience managing, testing and deploying critical and routine systems / applications patches IAW applicable commercial and government practices.
5. Understanding of the application of DevOps to enhance performance, increase efficiency and improve quality for endpoint services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor and 14 years is preferred but experience is accepted in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience leading and managing system and server administration services.
2. Must have experience managing multi- discipline server and system operation teams.
3. Must have extensive knowledge of multi-vendor server operating systems.
4. Experience supporting IT shared services provider organizations
5. ITIL certification is desired.
6. Project Management experience and PMP certification are desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 9:58:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job