System Safety Engineer Senior (Job Number:441844)
A successful candidate will work as part of a team analyzing equipment to identify hazards, categorize risk, and recommend mitigations to reduce the probability/severity of a mishap resulting in injury to personnel, equipment damage, and/or damage to the environment. Candidates will collaborate with government personnel, vendors and the user community to ensure the safety of Navy Weapon Systems to include one or more of the following; Missiles (SM-2/SM-3, RAM, NSSM, ESSM, Griffin Missile System), Navy Guns (Minor/Medium/Major Caliber), Laser Systems and Aegis). Tasks include:
- Systems safety analysis of hardware and software in a variety of US Navy and US Marines Corps weapons and combat systems.
- Prepare/update Safety Assessment Reports
- Prepare/review/update Technical Data Packages and Presentation Materials in support of Safety Review Board Reviews including the Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP)
- Review System Requirements documentation to identify potential hazardous conditions and make recommendations to system design in collaboration with program staff
- Perform operational analysis to identify potential deficiencies in operating procedures, training documentation, maintenance procedures, storage and handling procedures, and/or ordnance handling procedures. Make recommendations to commendations to resolve deficiencies.
- Review and make recommendations to test plans to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Assess Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other system change requests to identify/verify safety risks.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance, interim clearance is acceptable.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis
- Experience working with US Navy or US Marine Corps combat systems or platforms
- Experience operating, maintaining, testing, or analyzing weapons systems or complex mechanical or software systems especially those mentioned above.
- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Experience preparing technical reports
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a technical related field, or military experience at E-7 or higher.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:19:03 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job