District of Columbia
IT Infrastructure Architect (Job Number:441709)
The IT Infrastructure Architect shall provide technical expertise to translate business requirements into value added services and cost efficient IT Infrastructure solutions across multiple technologies and ensure continuous optimization and transformation of enterprise IT Infrastructure to meet the evolving demands of the USMS systems and workforce.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. (Experience accepted in lieu of degree.)
- Experience planning, designing, and upgrading complex, geographically dispersed, enterprise IT infrastructure environments.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with customer stakeholders to enhance and modernize IT infrastructure to align with client business portfolios and service-level requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex IT infrastructure and developing scalable enterprise technology strategies across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with IT infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Windows and Linux operating systems and associated technologies, storage systems, lnetwork infrastructure, server hardware, video and voice systems, remote access solutions, messaging, mobility, monitoring tools, TCP/IP and DNS and other foundational protocols, Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with client server, cloud computing (private, public, and hybrid) and enterprise collaboration technologies. Demonstrated success in major technology innovation engagements for enterprise clients.
- Experience with the successful integration of a wide range of original equipment manufacturer and technology leaders.
- Certified ITIL Intermediate Level Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:11:18 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job