full-time employee contract
• Perform advanced system engineering tasks for major launch systems, including systems architecture development, requirements, interfaces, systems engineering processes.
• Provide input into Launch Systems and Launch Ranges of the Future – develop concepts and requirements documents.
• Enhance requirements communication between teams engaged in the engineering and acquisition functions. Develop and implement new processes as appropriate.
• Create and maintain major program documents, such as Systems Engineering Plans
• Lead the development of new requirements for launch systems, focusing on how launch systems are designed, manufactured, tested and flown and, ultimately, reused.
• Involved with program integration such as organizing integrated product team meetings, systems reviews, and interagency discussions and documentation creation.
• Execute processes to ensure government baseline control and provide leadership to the Configuration Management, Data Management, and Data Architecture teams.
Mandatory Skills Requirement:
• Minimum, a BS in an Engineering discipline, with experience focused in systems engineering or Aerospace systems & 14-16 years of qualified experience OR Masters in an Aerospace and/or Mechanical Engineering Field) discipline & 10 years of qualified experience
• Proficient in Systems Engineering processes and methods as applied to Launch Vehicle, Launch Ground Systems design and methods, architecture and configuration, including interfaces between launch, ground and range systems
• Requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective decision-making. Applicant will also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with others in a team setting, and proficiency with MS Office products to include Project, Power Point and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint. Occasional travel in the CONUS is required.
Other Skills Preferred:
• At least 10 years experience with USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) systems engineering requirements and processes preferred