Inventory Control Specialist (Job Number:441869)
SAIC is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist in Hanahan, SC. This is an entry-level role day job.
- Insure that the proper transactions are performed by all personnel involved, the inventory quantity for any given item is correct, and to have a clear understanding of the correct procedures within the computer programs.
- Maintain warehouse storage area in a clean and orderly work environment.
- Insure daily cycle count, numbers are turned and reconcile any differences.
- Breaks down incoming shipments and routes the materials to the proper locations.
- Stores raw materials or finished goods in the appropriate locations.
- Issues materials to the internal customers.
- Keeps the warehouse storage area clean and orderly.
- Operates fork lifts.
- Locate, organize and label inventory.
- Exercises care in the use of company equipment and tools.
- Observes all SAFETY programs and SAFETY practices.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Education and Experience
- High School/GED and 0 years related experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD clearance
- Computer skills are necessary with the ability to apply common sense understanding the ability to carry out instructions.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of both.
- Job would require lifting up to 70 lbs, walking, climbing stooping, reaching, kneeling and standing on your feet for the entire shift.
- Have sufficient knowledge of computers in order to learn the programs that we use to oversee the inventory.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job