Boat Operator (Engineering Technician IV) - San Diego, CA (Job Number:441618)
Engineering Technician V
The boat driver will provide test support in the form of boat operator and deck hand support of maritime test events involving an unmanned maritime surveillance system. Types of vessels utilized will include government-owned Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIBs), government owned tug boat, government- owned test barge, and various other government vessels. Personnel will provide test event mobilization and demobilization support to ensure all materials, resources and safety considerations are satisfied leading up to test events and that all equipment is properly cared for at the conclusion of test events. The boat driver will provide input to test event planning and conduct safety and logistical readiness briefings to demonstrate test readiness prior to test execution.
Travel:Up to 25%
- Clearance Level Required: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA+ 8 HS +10
- a minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience holding a boat coxswain or captain qualification from a military or civilian source
- have at least 1 year experience in test execution and/or deck-plate leadership of hardware deployment and retrieval in a maritime / water borne environment
- certified to climb to work on elevated surfaces up to 40 feet.
- certified to operate man-lift equipment
- knowledge of crane and rigging operations and have the ability to rig hardware for crane lifts
- at least two years of experience as a Deck Hand in rigging and deck equipment for deployment and retrieval in a maritime/water borne environment.
- must be proficient in MS Office products, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point
- at least 1 year of experience with Navy test plans, ORM, and other planning documents.
- qualified to operate a forklift rated up to 25,000 lbs load capacity.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 12:24:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job