AIDE Software Engineer (Job Number:441889)
- This position provides AIDE Software Engineering Support to the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command on MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida.
- The engineer is responsible for maintaining mission essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment.
- The software engineer will be responsible for tier-three operations escalation support during break/fix situations involving the workstation baseline.
- The integration engineer may support patching, upgrading, and securing the image for regular update releases into production.
General duties will include:
- The software engineer shall integrate functions, features and capabilities into the AIDE server environment as determined by the Government
- Design, install, test and maintain software applications and systems
- Monitor computer system performance to ensure proper application operations
- Manage systems activities to ensure a rich user experience
- Prepared to work in an agile development environment and support operational requirements
- Provide training for warfighters on the use of applications and systems in support of the mission
- Deployable to USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (to include combat zones) on short notice
- Interacting and collaborating with warfighters on a 40+ hour week and if deployed a 12 hour, 6 day a week basis (72 hour week)
- Support on-call requirements, as needed, to maintain AIDE capabilities within HQ USCENTCOM and CFH
- Collect enhancement requirements and train users in support of the Mission
- Integrate multiple data sets (e.g. LOGCOP) into the AIDE architecture in support of the mission
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- Must currently possess a Top Secret clearance. Must Be Able to Obtain a TS/SCI.
- 10+ years’ experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash,Python, etc.)
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
- No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, Mongodb, etc)
- SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices
- Experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes
- Experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka "5 Nines".
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 2:28:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job