District of Columbia
Mid-Level Regulatory Analyst – FAA eFAST (Job Number:441893)
SAIC has provided expertise in support of the many safety related programs under the FAA Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, developing comprehensive aviation safety information sharing and analysis capabilities. The SAIC Team is well positioned to continue their support of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Office of Aviation Safety (AVS) including providing database management support, data integration, advanced analytics, aviation taxonomy and analysis, and modernization of existing platforms and systems. The Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS) program is a broad multi-dimensional government/industry effort to enhance the safety performance of the aviation system through the development of state-of-the-art automated safety information/data analysis and sharing capabilities. ASIAS connects approximately 185 data and information sources across government and industry, including voluntarily provided safety data. This operation will primarily be located in Washington DC.
SAIC is seeking a Regulatory Analyst who will:
- Research and draft regulatory documents and review documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with appropriate requirements.
- Perform research and data analysis as well as consult on technical, legal, and regulatory aviation issues related to the expansion of ASIAS operation capabilities towards full ASIAS integration.
- Summarize and analyze concepts of operation, public comments, research aviation and other regulatory issues.
- Manage individual projects, work with Government and industry personnel, and conduct Internet research.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Eight (8) years of relevant, recent experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of aviation-related or regulatory drafting experience.
- Must have the ability to create complex technical proposals and convey the information orally and in writing to non-technical management officials.
- Must have knowledge of the regulations, theories, dynamics, and factors underlying the National Airspace System.
- Must possess the ability to perform research analyses on complex operational issues.
- Must have knowledge of federal accident/incident regulatory requirements and capabilities.
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 2:03:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job