• The position requires broad experience with the Department of Defense (DoD) program acquisition process and documents required for acquisition planning, program execution, and DoD milestone decisions (as tailored from DoDI 5000.2 and Air Force Guidance Memorandum for Rapid Acquisition Activities, dated 13 June 2018
Specifics of Primary Duties:
• Create and assist in developing acquisition program documentation required by DoDI 5000 series supporting program efforts and acquisition milestones/reviews applying knowledge of current rapid acquisition guidance and program management skills
• Assist with the definition, development, documentation and management of user requirements; building on existing requirements management processes to identify, review and approve inherent and new capability needs to support a larger user community and enterprise objectives (to include assisting in conducting Industry Days, user/requirement working groups, developing implementation strategies, etc.)
• Prepare and/or review Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation consisting of Statements of Objectives, Statements of Work, Performance Work Statements, Quality Assurance Statement Plans, Program Specifications, Contract Data Requirements Lists, etc. per DoDI 5000 series and current rapid acquisition guidance
• Monitor effectiveness of achieving program goals and objectives; to include monitoring cost, schedule and technical performance and associated risks Applies knowledge of and expertise with acquisition management, program management, budget/finance principles and methodologies, modernization planning, cost estimating, and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, Executing (PPBE)
• BA/BS Degree with 5-7 years in Technical or Business field.
• DAWIA certification or equivalent training and experience in Program Management or Contracting is desired, alternative is Contracts and Legal background.
• 7+years of relevant experience with 5+ years of experience in DoD or SMC space system experience
• 7+years of experience in acquisitions, engineering, contracts or program management within DoD.
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple project efforts and interface with multiple contractors, Federally Funded Research Development Center (FFRDC), Government, and US military personnel at various levels
• Must communicate effectively with senior management as well as employees at all levels with proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word; excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
• Skill in conducting studies and investigations, problem analysis, and developing logical and documented recommendations