Drafter/CAD Operator (Job Number:441902)
- Prepares drawings of components, equipment.
- Plan, design, write, edit, proofread and finalize documents, task plans, briefs, maintenance plans, technical manuals, Technical Directives (TDs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), orders, specifications, modification work orders, depot minimum processing specifications, depot work instructions, Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM), Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs), and test plans, procedures and results for systems, subsystems, components and test equipment for the Airborne Electronic Attack Division.
- Interfaces with Engineers, Logisticians and Technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
- Use computer and recognized systems of symbols and legends to create original drawings that communicate engineering design information. Work from work orders, verbal and written instructions to perform duties.
- Revise existing drawings based on verbal explanations, sketches, and marked-up prints. Layout and prepare simple mechanical drawings from data provided by Designer. Maintain files and backup disks.
- Output drawings in various formats from electronic files of various types. Research files and catalogs for information required to complete project.
- Conduct design review of technical documentation and drawings against performance specifications for technical compliance.
- As instructed, up-date or revise drawings to incorporate latest changes.
- Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
- Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
- Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
- Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
- Establishes and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Requires CAD software experience.
- Experience with Solid Edge, NX, and AutoCAD desired.
- Experience with ASME Y14.100-2013 and ASME Y14.5-2009 would be beneficial.
- Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
- Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:01:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job