General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. Develops and maintains custom applications and BMC ITSM 9 applications within a DOD environment.
16. Conducts BMC Discovery integration to CMDB as well as Asset Management, Contract Management, and Configuration Management.
17. Conducts business requirements gathering, process flow identification and development into Remedy workflow.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
4+ years' experience in Windows Server 2012 system administration
4+ years' experience with Remedy ITSM suite administration and development
1 year experience BMC Discovery/ADDM
Knowledge of Helpdesk fundamentals and operations
Experience performing business anaylsis on data and developing dahsboards
Remedy 9 experience with knowledge of Smart Reporting and MS SQL Server
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Security+CE or higher certification
ITIL V3 Foundations or higher certification