General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
• Ability to work with a technical group on projects from reviewing requirements to ensure system compatibility for optimal system performance
• Collaborate with business users to gather requirements and perform current state system analysis
• Write functional and technical specifications of current systems and provide weekly status regarding system engineering and integration initiatives
• Proven experience implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders
• Working experience with Oracle, MYSQL, and SQL Server databases for Windows and Linux platforms and demonstrated experience in documenting database installation guide, tuning, backup, and restore procedures
• Ability to design, develop, deliver, and implement data solutions.
• Manage day-to-day tasks/activities in coordination with a team of engineers and developers to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule for the project.
• Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of Agency's and industry data standards and architectures
• Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of design and integration principles of complex, heterogeneous databases; ability to evaluate and make recommendations regarding data integrity and ability to develop methods of ensuring that the data incompatibilities among systems are systematically eliminated.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in Oracle, MYSQL, POSTGRES and SQL Server databases, as well as Demonstrated hands-on experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Linux/Unix Scripting
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in database performance tuning backup, and proficiency in relational and non-relational database design, data warehousing and database administration
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with Database Management tools, experience in configuration management and code version control tools
• Experience with Linux and Windows
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.