District of Columbia
AV Network Specialist (Job Number:441930)
- Seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Audio Visual/Network Specialist who is experienced supporting multiple vendor audio visual (A/V) hardware and Cisco based network devices.
- This position requires being able to work in a high profile work environment and being able to resolve many types of hardware and software problems on a live network.
- Provide all levels and types of audio visual support for Video Teleconferencing Systems (ViTS) and end users as needed.
- Work with local and remote engineering staff in the troubleshooting, installation or replacement of ViTS components and accessories.
- Assist with systems administration duties, including upgrading, patching, and performing configuration changes for audio/visual hardware.
- Provide hands on and troubleshooting support for network components (switches, routers, etc.).
- Serve as an escalation point in complex problem solving and resolution, working with local and remote collaboration and network engineers and interfacing with vendors as needed.
- Write create clear and concise documentation of both problems and resolutions.
- Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts and escalate/communicate issues to management as needed.
- Demonstration of a professional attitude and courteous manner toward customers, partners and coworkers.
- Provide after-hours support as needed (night and weekends).
- Utilize current ticketing system to open trouble tickets or work orders for incidents and repairs.
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Associates Degree and Two Years of Experience. Ability to consider High School Diploma and/or equivalent and Four Years of Experience.
- Requires the ability to successfully complete a DHS Public Trust investigation and receive final adjudication.
- Must have hands on experience working with network and audio visual hardware.
- Must have working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and internet standards, including but not limited to Internet Protocol (IP), Voice Over IP (VOIP), and Video over IP (ViIP)
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- AMX hardware and software
- Lifesize and Cisco Codecs
- Barco ClickShare
- Extron, Altinex, ClearOne,and/or Polycomm hardware
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to help resolve problems for any network or audio visual issues.
- Ability to complete the following training courses within 90 days of hire
- Harman Pro Core Curriculum Courses CC101-CC106
- AVIXA Essentials of AV Technology
- Adhere to Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) and deliver excellent customer service.
- Provide continuous service monitoring and single contact point, and performing triage assessment.
- Follow the organization’s policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, monitoring and management tools/systems, and ticketing systems.
- Excellent Interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments as necessary.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Preferred: Relevant Hardware or Software certifications
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2018, 12:02:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job