• SAIC seeks an experimentation planner/coordinator to assist the government in orchestrating the changes to the network and data architecture for the Air Force’s future Multi Domain Command and Control (MDC2) network and data virtualization capability.
• This will be achieved through a multi-node concept unifying software development with operators in order to achieve MDC2 objectives.
• It serves as a warfighter- centric focal point for USAF, Joint and coalition by rapidly developing capability and testing of future multi-domain concepts.
• The multi-domain command and control solution required will push the envelope on cloud implementation and network architecture in contested environments and will include an overarching architecture that is highly secure and leverages big data and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
• This will be achieved by: Maturing the Air Force’s understanding of virtualized data; creating a scalable operational infrastructure and data architecture; exploring artificial intelligence, machine learning, human-machine teaming & automation in support of enhancing C2 processes and critical functions; experimenting with and exploring innovative C2 technologies for multi- domain ops; experimenting with, developing and integrating advanced multi-level security tools and capabilities to enhance C2 interoperability and data sharing; and, experimenting and innovating new approaches to software testing and “authority to operate” processes in order to accelerate delivery of C2 capabilities to the field.
• The successful candidate will have strong technical competency and comfort with high level in-person interfaces with industry and officials from the US Government and Air Force on site in the client’s Massachusetts location.
• Support the government technical manager in developing technical objectives and project planning for several new and ongoing experimentation projects under the MDC2 program umbrella
• Provide coordination between the government and the experiment
• Have an overarching view of the experiments and their progress. Advise the government on progress and impediments to success on the projects.
• Work with the government technical manager to advise and support several meetings, in-progress reviews, and distinguished visitors in support of the program.
• Monitor up to 15 different experiments happening across the Air Force that will validate technologies for MDC2.
• Work with experiment contractors to fully understand the requirements and expectations
• Be able to answer questions while keeping the government technical manager informed on issues
• Coordinate with cybersecurity to ensure security boundaries are set and ATOs are feasible.
• Lead and support strategic planning, NW and data governance, and policy development
• Candidate must have a current Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI. Prefer a TS clearance and SSBI (SCI capable)
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience with a major in technology and/or engineering.
• At least 3 years of experience with IT project scheduling/coordinating.
• At least 3 years of proven experience in federal government experimentation or modeling and simulation programs
• At least 3 years of experience interfacing and presenting to C-level executives
• Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
• Working knowledge, experience administering, and managing multiple,
concurrent IT programs, projects and tasks.
• Ability to organize architecture teams in a collaborative environment that support proactive identification and delivery of architectural solutions that address the current and 'to be' state.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of NW and virtualization technology (such as AWS, VMware, etc.)
• Knowledge of hybrid cloud enterprise capabilities
• Experience with security, especially knowledge of the RMF process
• Experience with DevOps, especially Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
• Knowledge of ITILv3 Foundation