Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing the next generation air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world. The systems engineering responsibilities span from requirements definition through the entire product lifecycle, including systems integration and test.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will perform system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and support to software development, integration and test. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing requirements artifacts, characterizing system performance, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers. Additionally, this candidate will leverage their experience to develop enhancements for Weather systems, or Air Traffic Control systems. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems is a plus, as is familiarity with customer communities, standards and future initiatives, such as: Euro control, ICAO, Single European Sky, Nextgen ATMS and Weather Systems, and trajectory and flow management.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
• Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design
• Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations
• Experience performing system and/or subsystem level integration and test
• Working knowledge of COTS workstations and networks
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Able to travel, occasional domestic travel in support of the program; potential international travel
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Experience solving complex problems in Weather or Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
• Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Weather or Air Traffic Management Systems
• Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
• Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
• Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing
• Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management tool
2 years with a BS in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related technical field; 0 years with a MS in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.