Description: SAIC is looking for multiple Web Applications Developers at varying levels of experience to join the Pilot Training Next (PTN) program. PTN is a fast-paced development environment focused on innovation and creative edge. Our engineers work hand-in-hand with our customer to deliver out-of-the-box training solutions, rapid prototypes and innovative user experiences that have an immediate impact on U.S. Air Force pilot training. To learn more about PTN, visit .
Data collection and analysis is the key component of the PTN program. Our Database Engineer will serve a critical role in helping to ensure valid data collection by manually querying the database, writing automated query scripts, and/or developing health status monitoring applications. This position will also design, administer, maintain and document PostgreSQL databases critical to the analysis of the PTN training environment and, when necessary, help to manipulate and transform data to formats required for analysis.
Required Education: BS and 2+ years of related experience.
· Strong working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and query authoring
· Experience designing and maintaining PostgreSQL databases
· Experience with data manipulation and normalization processes
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where your work is critical to the program’s success
· Experience hosting and/or migrating applications to cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure is a plus
· Experience working in an Agile team and/or using the Atlassian suite of tools is a plus
· Familiarity with Tableau and/or Alteryx is a plus
· Experience performing IT-related scripting and sysadmin duties is a plus