Material Program Manager II (MPM) needed in Naval Area Missile Defense (NAMD) in support of the Close in Defense Systems (CIDS) supply chain activities including material management for strategic and tactical execution in support of the Large Scale Integration Center (LSIC) located in Louisville, Kentucky.
This position will be located in Tucson, AZ.
The successful candidate will set material strategies; proposal and execution of contracts; coordinate Material Planning, Hardware Management Teams, Integrated Product Team Leads and Supplier Engineers. Applicants for this position must have at least 8 years’ experience and/or extensive knowledge in procurement, contracts, production control, logistics and program material strategy, financial execution of material requirements, and demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
The selected candidate will be accountable for creating a vision around supply chain requirements and process initiatives, driving systemic improvements for material flow and accountability, and instilling a “can-do” sense of ownership and alignment between the Supply Chain Team and the Program and Functional Organizations.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Instilling a culture within the program supply chain team towards strategic thinking, planning, procurement and material management excellence
- Accountable for creating a vision around supply chain requirements and process initiatives, driving improvements for material flow and accountability
- RONA, MPR and monthly reporting requirements
- Developing material strategies and overseeing the preparation and execution of Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Leading accountability for program and supply chain related PHIX metrics
- Identifying and mitigating program risks as they pertain to material requirements through integrated root cause/corrective action
- Drive AOP financial commitments and mitigate risks to sales, cash flow and EACs
- Participate in projects (both Supply Chain and Program) to drive material efficiencies and increase material affordability
- Comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities; ensure Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP) compliance for the program including tailoring when applicable
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain or in a related field is required
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in supply chain and/or related defense/aerospace experience is required
- Ability to obtain final DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience creating and executing Material Program Plans/Material Strategies for major contracts or sub-contracts
- Commitment to obtain MPM certification after experience in the role
- Proven success and demonstration of solving material planning/procurement issues and driving successful outcomes
- Proven leader in a matrix environment
- Direct report experience with all applicable performance development responsibilities
- Extremely strong analytical skills; ability to plan, control and direct activities and resources
- U.S. Citizenship
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.Security Clearance: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain and/or additional professional certifications desired
- Active Secret clearance
- MPM Level 4 Certification
- A working knowledge of ITAR rules and regulations and experience with ITAR Licenses and Agreements: (TAA’s, DSP-73’s, DPS-5’s, etc.)
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills; ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others
- Cost Account Manager, material sales and EAC experience
- Knowledge and experience in Export/Import Compliance requirements for international business partners and suppliers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.