General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Principal Software Engineer
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
This position is located in a highly desireable area in Germany, near Frankfurt International Airport, perfect for the European experience while enjoying extensive US support.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
Experience as Principal Software Developer with the ability to break down complex requirements, identify, prioritize and manage task loads within small teams.
Prior experience with SharePoint, database and active directory, internal and public facing web development, system administration.
Secret SSBI is required.
8570 IAT II (such as Security + CE) is required at hire. MCSD certification and RHCSA are preferred.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
PMP and ITIL certifications, experience with application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) remediation are a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#cjobs #cjpost #dpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter
#cjobs #cjpost #dpost #ISDCJ #GDITRecruiter
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.