General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
* Design cable and connector pinouts for various components
* Create cable drawings and pinout diagrams to provide to vendors for all cables.
* Oversee the construction and procurement of lab cables and connectors
* Write requirements for vendors to create custom power distribution units
* Given a set of requirements, design a PCB board that will properly connect jack terminations
* Design, build, and verify custom chassis to be installed shipboard
* Work as liaison with vendors to ensure product meets timeline and functional requirements
* Possibly support writing LabVIEW program that uses TCP/IP interface protocol to communicate with in house software and third party vendor software.
5-8 years of Systems Development Engineering
* knowledge in controls
* knowledge of power distribution and how to balance power in a system
* Experience in cable and connector design, ensuring signals are properly shielded and assembled correctly.
* Prefer previous experience with shipboard applications.
* Familiar with fiber optic systems.
* Familiar with national instruments data acquisition hardware.
* Familiar with acoustic analysis and data acquisition.
Eagle or similar printed circuit board design software
pSpice or similar circuit design simulator software
AutoCAD or similar 2D drawing software
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.