SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator.
Will consider candidates in the following locations:
Oak Ridge, TN
The Senior Windows Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Windows infrastructure which includes Active Directory, servers, and workstations.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated enterprise level experience in maintaining physical and virtual servers and hosts. The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a Windows environment as well as mentoring Mid-level and Junior Administrators. The candidate should be able to be a leading contributor on large projects, be a self-starter, and able to work operate in a collaborative environment.
· Daily administration of Windows systems running currently supported Windows MS Server (2012, 2008)
· Design, manage Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and other Windows core services.
· Performance tuning, and system assessments.
· Building server ‘Gold’ images to conform to customer standards, to include hardening, and security compliance.
· Perform enterprise level system upgrades of AD, operating systems, applications, and other tools, including evaluation and installation of new products, and MS and other application patches.
· Develop mid-level engineers to perform more advanced system administration and best practices.
· Manage Service Level Agreements, documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems related to virtualized, and Windows environments.
· Create and manage scripts to perform system tasks with PowerShell experience a plus.
· Participate in after-hours requests that respond to business emergencies (on-call rotation)
· Resolve escalated issues from the IT Service Desk and Tier III administrators
Proactively monitor servers to anticipate and mitigate problems.
o Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of relevant experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
o Able to create and manage solutions at enterprise level using GPOs, Scripting and other tools.
o Able to manage multiple projects and or efforts.
o Solid knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
o Ability to learn new products and technologies.
o Ability to monitor and respond to system issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
o Experience working in a Mid-size to Large environment
o Ability to manage own projects and solutions on time.
o Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation
o Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
o Outstanding customer service and time management skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude
o Understanding of Privileged Access Manager PAM solutions and associated tools.
o Understanding of Identity & Access Mgmt systems i.e. Acronis, SailPoint and CyberArk
o Working experience administering MS Exchange
o Hands-on experience with BlackBerry and/or MDM solutions
o BigFix experience a Plus.
o Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes
o Management and development of monitoring tools, such as CA Spectrum is a plus
o Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
o Virtualization experience with products like VMware vSphere.
o Understanding of SAN and NAS storage systems.
o Demonstrated ability of hardening the Windows operating system to security standards and benchmarks, such as the DISA STIG, or CIS Benchmarks.
o Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work.