The Distributed Training System (DTS) Computer Operations Support Analyst (COSA) will report to the C2BMC Operations Training Lead and is responsible for day-to-day operation and sustainment of C2BMC training systems environment for training missions supported by C2BMC's presence at the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center (MDIOC). The DTS COSA is responsible for providing training and exercise support for all scheduled warfighter events and coordinates with JFCC-IMD, USNORTHCOM, GMD, remote sites and C2BMC systems and network infrastructure, hardware and/or application service providers on various issues and concerns. Responsible for administering and managing systems hardware and software in a complex environment, consisting of Sun Solaris, Unix, Windows systems/servers and Cisco, Juniper network components. Responsible for providing engineering expertise to support 'ad hoc' customer requests to participate in C2BMC discussions and to relate this experience to DTS related engineering discussions as necessary. The DTS COSA will perform systems troubleshooting activities for both operational and training environments. Responsible for providing Help Desk support functions and assistance as required based on area of technical expertise and experience. The DTS COSA interfaces directly with the warfighter to answer DTS related questions, assists on C2BMC utilization, supports pre-event training, and the post training debrief.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Background Experience Required:
Number Of Year Required:6
Technical Skill Required:
- Ability to participate with scripted / impromptu inputs during warfighter exercise conferences.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience to direct the assessment and development of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) and/or Operating Instructions (OIs) to effectively administer, operate and manage services under DMETS/DTS C2BMC
- Sound background and experience with operations and maintenance of complex large-scale computer systems.
- Sound background and experience in system administration of UNIX (Solaris)/Linux (RedHat) systems utilizing command line interface.
- Ability to work effectively in an operations center team environment.
- Active or Current Secret Clearance.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security + CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
Position is typically Mon - Fri with extended hours split between 2 shifts. Candidate may be required to support 24x7 shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.