Candidate will be a S8.2 System Development Engineer responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing the S8.2 C2BMC network server systems. Some travel may be required depending on the work to be performed. System engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of virtualization design, development, testing methodologies; experience with VMware (vCenter), ESX servers, NetApp NAS/SAN, Windows servers and SQL servers.
Background Experience Required
Specific technical skills required include:
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Windows server experience with multi-user applications
- Redhat server experience with multi-user applications
- VMware server installation, configuration, management performance monitoring and tuning of virtual machines ESXi servers
- Virtual machine troubleshooting and performance issues
- Experience creating VM deployment templates and automated deployments
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Through understanding of Network Attached Storage, specifically NetApp FAS series
- Storage Area Network experience with high availability and performance for virtualization
- Current Secret Clearance
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects.
Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired. Also desire candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark. While not required candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (ACS, Active Directory, GEM-X), Virtualization technologies such a VMware vCenter and vSphere.
Bachelor of Science in a related discipline plus 6 years related experience or 14 years additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree). Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128197
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.