Responsible for all transport carrier & logistics payment systems. This position is responsible for managing CarMax’s transport freight payment of approximately $200M in annual freight spend through the CarMax TMS. The Sr. Analyst would manage the relationship with the third party freight payment provider and ensuring all carriers are paid to terms with world class reporting & visibility.
• Leads integration strategy of the 1st CarMax Transport Management System (TMS), working with internal and external partners for freight payment
• Maintains audit compliance in payment processing
• Onboard 23 transport providers onto new freight payment process
• Ensures accuracy in invoice processing according to carrier terms as well as CarMax carrier agreement
• Develop & design data management process to streamline over 2M vehicles transfers for automated freight payment
• Implement action plans to develop business intelligence reporting capability for transport spend
• Leads weekly Supply Chain meetings to highlight transport spend opportunities
• Determines all transportation spend-related project & systemic directives and both drives and communicates them across the entire company.
• Owns & develops the relationships with freight payment provider
• Leads efforts in evolution of freight payment processing for CarMax Logistics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4 year degree required
Strong knowledge of freight payment and data analytics with bachelors degree in IT or Business
Experience in Logistics preferred