Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in support of the Systems, Simulation, Software, and Integration (S3I) Sim-Over-Live-Driver (SOLD) project. The candidate will conduct daily duties at the S3I Directorate, Redstone Arsenal, AL.
The candidate will work with Software developers and System Admin personnel to configure and maintain a real-time execution environment for the software applications on the SOLD Project. The SOLD, and its hardware and software, supports Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test execution activities (Flight Tests, Ground Tests and Field Exercises) for the THAAD Project Office (TPO). The candidate will have the ability to configure Linux OS systems for real-time SOLD applications that are performing HWIL testing of tactical Fire Control and Radar components.
The candidate will be performing an assessment of systems (periodically and at deployment) for suitability of the OS, hardware and software configuration to execute as expected. The candidate must be able to work independently to build and benchmark new OS configurations to determine their suitability to execute the applications in the SOLD environment. He/She will also be responsible for developing, validating and maintaining Configuration Management documentation in support of the SOLD Project requirements.
The desired candidate is a self-starter, able to operate with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Software Development group to ensure that all application software is properly built to execute on the hardware for which it is targeted, including the following
- Make sure the proper compile options are used to obtain the best application performance
- Remain knowledgeable with the application software designs (including making recommendations) to ensure the best performance can be obtained from the HW
- Configure the HW BIOS so that it will run the application code as efficiently as possible
- Configure the Linux OS to make sure it is operating as efficiently as possible and does not stall the application or cause data to be dropped
• Assist System Admin personnel to ensure all hardware and software is configured such that the SOLD test environment will meet/exceed required performance goals
• Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
• Ability to configure and build Linux kernels, to include applying RT patches; and experience testing the kernels (benchmarking) for suitability to run the applications
• Experience managing and updating Linux OS builds, scripts and procedures using internal Configuration Management systems
• Experience incorporating and updating vendor-supplied drivers into the Linux kernel
• Ability to write scripts (Bash, Python, etc.) that assist developers and System Admin personnel in performing their duties
• Experience with Internet Protocol (IP) networks and networking equipment including the use of multicast networking
• Familiar with Red Hat Linux and its RPM packaging
• Familiar with the Kickstart process that installs systems
• Understanding of multiprocessor platforms and NUMA memory architectures for running real-time multi-process applications
• Understanding of current industry tools supporting software development in order to make recommendations for future updates
• Ability to obtain an Elevated Privileges classification (by obtaining Security+, Linux OS or Cisco certification)
• Applicants must have a minimum of a BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar degree field, or equivalent experience/minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
This position requires a U.S. Person 128483BR 128483
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.