Position: 821-Software/Hardware Engineer
Type: Full Time
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
FTI is currently looking for a Intermediate or Senior level Software/Hardware Engineer in Warner Robins, Georgia as follows:
- Support the implementation and establishment of the evolving Government FTE architectural design and manage the daily operations of the FTE.
- Utilize GFE provided to configure and align with the AF DCGS architectural transition in support of the evaluation and integration of evolving technologies that meet the AFDCGS time critical capabilities to stay ahead of emerging threats.
- Utilize the leading edge FTE architecture to evaluate new SIBR technologies to improve system metrics, data management, product selection analysis, and new technology lifecycle cost estimating where appropriate to improve or enhance the management of AF DCGS capabilities.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and schedule government product evaluations, testing and integration of sensor data into AF DCGS as directed by the Government.
- Maintain the FTE systems and the software configuration control to validate product evaluations, support evaluation system setup and maintain the FTE systems daily.
- Provide the required specialized subject matter experts as directed by the Government to facilitate product evaluations in the FTE and align with ISEC interdependencies for product integration as new technology transitions to the operational baseline.
- Perform design and/or engineering studies and analyses that address the assessment of technical and/or logistical problems.
- Provide the engineering and specialized skills necessary to facilitate product evaluation, testing, integration of new technology and sensor data into AF DCGS as directed by the Government to support the FTE. The product of these studies and analyses shall be presented in a professional manner with identification of potential solutions and alternatives.
- Analysis may include but are not limited to the following areas:
• Technology insertion process
• Supportability improvement
• Analysis, assessment, and investigation of problems and failures and with identification of solution alternatives
• Process improvement efforts
• Operational or logistics supportability, reliability, availability
• Requirements traceability
• Configuration management
• Sustainment related activities
• Organizational compliance with applicable governing documents
• Software Usability
• Instructional Design Evaluation
Candidate would support the implementation of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) tools to improve and standardize decision making processes in regard to the Sensor and Data Processing Technology Readiness Assessment Program consisting of 3 additional objectives:
- Consolidation and operation of facilities and equipment from the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Sustainment Engineering Center (ISEC) facility into the Future Test Environment Facility (FTE).
- Real time data analysis of Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AFDCGS) sensor data and distribution of data to Combatant Commanders.
- Assessment and evaluation of new Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) developed technologies, including comparison to or development of new performance metrics and sensor interoperability integration
EDUCATION: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 12 years of related experience with a BS, or 10 years of related experience with an MS
- At least 3 years of engineering software analysis experience—good analytical or programming skills
- Minimum 18 years of related experience with a BS, or 15 years of related experience with an MS
- At least 3 years of engineering software analysis experience leading technical studies.
- Experience in leading tasks within a contract
- Demonstrated use of good judgement in adapting and applying standard techniques in problem solving
- History of broadening technical skills or developing specialized skills
- Strong information process/systems knowledge preferred
- Strong computer knowledge preferred
- Good interpersonal communication, briefing, writing and organizational and problem solving skills required
- Department of Defense, particularly Department of the Air Force related experience desired
- Must possess an active government security clearance
- Familiarity with the Air Force Distributed Common Ground Station (AFDCGS) a plus
- Experience with system metrics, data management, product selection analysis, and new technology lifecycle cost estimating a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications