General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
1. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
2. Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
3. Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
4. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
5. Provides end-user training.
6. Performs various tests and documents results.
7. Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications;
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as technical team or task lead.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related field engineering experience.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing system configuration, build, deployment, installation, and operations and maintenance support to various customer unique communication systems.
This individual must have a working knowledge of network engineering principles (Routers, Switches, etc.) and be able to apply that knowledge in the customer’s environment to integrate, configure, and troubleshoot equipment. Experience infrastructure building and in running and terminating fiber is a plus.
The incumbent must able to travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations as required. This position requires up to 40% travel.
The home-base for this position is at the customer site in Chantilly, VA.
The incumbent will support the customer's system build, test, and deploy requirements. On-site build and test activities shall include, but not be limited to:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related expereince.