Value Stream Leader-Night Shift
Performs complex setups, troubleshoots and proficiently operates all machines in a production facility or all numerical control, grinding or jig bore machine families. Requires thorough knowledge of all machine speeds, feeds, materials, cutter tool geometry and safe operating practices. Performs leadership, instruction and training for coworkers, including checking setups, work and operation of equipment. Works with minimal supervision. Must be willing to work any shift
- Assumes total responsibility for quality of own work.
- Utilizes all inspection equipment and tooling necessary to check own work, including CMMs, (coordinate Measuring Machines), etc.
- Performs complex setups and tool proofing.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex production problems, optimizing machining and tooling efficiency to establish improvements resulting in higher quantity and improved quality of parts.
- Employs a thorough knowledge of all machining, speeds, feeds, material and cutting tools.
- May assist with designing and fabricating special cutting tools.
Employs a thorough knowledge of shop math; interprets engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Coordinate maintenance and preventative maintenance of all NC equipment in area.
- Communicates effectively with engineers, coworkers and others during problem resolution and instructions.
- Communicates the status of all jobs in flow at shift change, to effect a continued, smooth workflow.
- Train, mentor and otherwise improve the skill set of machinists that work in your area of responsibility.
- Commitment to Safety
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- 8 years of related experience
- Ability to interpret blue prints, GD&T, and specification sheets
- Set up and operate manual tool machine tools
- Experience using measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Inspect your own work, or the work of others
- Monitor and maintain quality
- Perform duties with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of cutting tool geometries.
- Ability to set up and operate a CNC Mill and / or Lathe
- Able to work any shift
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Experience with PC DMIS
- Timely problem resolution.
- Effective communication skills.
High School diploma
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.