Peterson Air Force Base
Candidate shall be able to provide operational support and sustainment for a deployed system. The candidate shall manage and perform routine administrative tasks as well as perform in-depth troubleshooting of complex system and network issues, improve system reliability and maintainability and automate functions to minimize manual tasks. Additionally, the candidate shall develop admin documentation for general troubleshooting and maintenance of the system and provide operational personnel with procedures and guidelines for frequent tasks carried out on the system.
Candidate shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience, to include:
· Linux and Windows system administration
· System troubleshooting and maintenance using tools and techniques such as: Docker, Ceph, Ansible, QEMY/KVM, libvirt/virsh, Bash and Python Scripting, Guestfish, complex ssh configurations, Network namespaces, iptables, tcpdump, DevOps principles and practices.
· Security testing and risk mitigation;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Writing UNIX/LINUX shell scripts;
· Patching UNIX/LINUX servers;
· Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting;
· Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Unix/Linux environment including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems to enforce security controls
· Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening techniques; Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application issues
· Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
Current Clearance – TS with SCI eligibility
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.