The Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Supply Chain Business Operations Process Re-engineering organization has a vision to “transform SAS cross functional supply chain processes to drive a collaborative culture of speed, agility, reduced variability, and increased accountability through innovative solutions to grow the business and increase competitive advantage”. Within this framework, the team is seeking to add a team member with the skills necessary to enable and expand innovative knowledge sharing and learning, compose clear and engaging communications, capture and share lessons learned, develop playbook content and white papers, create videos and web-based resources, and otherwise capture, document and share innovative supply chain advancements discovered as part of business process re-engineering efforts. This is a new, exciting, and evolving team and, as such, requires a team member with the ability to perform a variety of related duties involving a blend of strategy/tactic, design/implementation, and big-picture/detail.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with various teams, process owners, leaders, and SMEs to gather, analyze, outline, and document information for the purpose of sharing experiences, concepts, and learnings that foster ongoing improvement and repeatability. Ensure that specialized topics are appropriately and accurately documented and that finished work products meet established criteria.
- Develop a thorough understanding of teams, audiences, and topics and determine the most effective way to present and deliver information for the greatest user comprehension and utilization.
- Design/create visual communications, process maps, charts, presentations, graphics, videos, and illustrations. Transform technical information into engaging instruction in electronic and/or print form.
- Contribute to establishing, promoting, and growing a collaborative knowledge sharing culture within SAS functional and develop/manage supporting tools like knowledge sharing sites and online repositories.
- Champion alternative and complimentary communication methodologies and provide recommendations to improve the design, content, delivery, and usability of information in order to enhance the user experience.
- Contribute to creating and implementing a vision and strategy for fast knowledge exchange, user and crowd-sourced content, and other creative concepts that engage employees and enable organizational transformation.
- Help lead transformation efforts by applying best practices and innovative solutions in the areas of instructional and visual design, creative storyboarding, technical communications, and impactful graphics and video.
- Minimum of 4 years related professional experience with 2 years’ experience developing written and visual content.
- Strong visual communications skills, including video. Ability to create imagery out of ideas and concepts and otherwise present facts in innovative and engaging ways. Able to make complex topics clear, engaging, and easy-to-understand.
- Understanding of various content delivery styles and methodologies (i.e. videos, graphics, manuals, white papers, e-learning, micro-learning, etc.) and demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with solid organizational and listening skills, the ability to easily adapt to changing priorities and guidance, able to work independently as well as with a team. Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a dynamic environment, strong interpersonal skills, highly approachable and professional at all times.
- Technical writing skills and the ability to author concise, direct, and user-friendly content. Ability to collaborate / partner with various subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to identify and capture content for internal use and distribution.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and sequence work in a fast-paced, high-change environment. Creatively solve problems and work toward big picture objectives without losing sight of important details.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and Audition), Camtasia, Snagit, and/or similar applications. MS Office including Project and Visio. Understanding of vector and raster graphics, as well as SCORM and/or xAPI format.
- Portfolio of work with explanation of effort / involvement required.
Required Education (including Major):
- Creative original writing, analysis & curriculum design, developing video scripts and storyboards, and demonstrated creativity.
- MS SharePoint and ability to build and maintain large site collections, define properties / securities / permissions, and use lists and libraries to manage key business information.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, MadCap Flare, and familiarity with the principals of social learning, online communities, ADDIE, and the 70-20-10 learning model
- Knowledge and experience with Supply Chain
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) media design, graphic design, web design, communications, business, information technology, or similar related field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.