General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The successful candidate will use advanced technical skills to triage, normalize, and exploit raw data on an ongoing basis. He or she must be able to apply advanced knowledge of relational databases, primarily MySQL, and associated tooling to develop performance data ingest and computability problems. The candidate will also have experience with NoSQL concepts, full text indexing and open source search engines. Manages the design and development of computer software applications.
1. Directly, and through subordinate supervisors, manages employees engaged in the design and development of computer software applications.
2. Subject matter expert in My SQL, and at least five years of demonstrated experience working with large databases.
3. Expert level ability writing advanced SQL queries and extensive experience in query optimization.
4. Advanced experience in scalable data and full text indexing solutions such as Apache, Solr, or Elastic Search
5. Experience with Linux user and comfortable adminstering databases from the Linux command line.
6. Demonstrated experience with database backup, restoration, and disaster recovery.
7. Primarily supervises exempt Software Engineers.
8. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
9. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
10. May also perform complex software development and design work.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related software development experience, including supervisory experience.
Experience working with large volumes of data
Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts, and has a software development background
Familiarity with distributed databases such as Hadoop (HDFS), and cloud technologies (Open Stack, Kubernetes)
Comfortable writing scripts in a robust, high-level language such as Python
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.