District of Columbia
AEGIS Training Systems Integrator (Job Number:442222)
SAIC is seeking a AEGIS Training Systems Integrator at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC.
- Support the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare System (PEO IWS) Systems Engineering (SE) Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) with the integration of AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS) and the Battle Force Team Trainer (BFTT), collectively known as the Advanced Training Domain (ATD) with legacy and future AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) Baselines (BL).
- Provide general AEGIS Integrated Training Systems support.
- Working with other PAPM branches; other IWS codes (e.g. IWS 2, above water sensors), industry, field activities and others across the Systems Engineering V (e.g., requirements, functional allocation, design, production, integration, verification, validation and sustainment) Interface directly with Fleet, Participating Resource Acquisition Managers (PARMs) who manage specific warfare system programs that interface with AEGIS (e.g., Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren), research centers (e.g., Applied Physics Lab/Johns Hopkins University), training centers (e.g. AEGIS Training and Readiness Center), and prime contractors/vendors/OEMs (e.g., LMCO) to ensure tasks are accomplished, and objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Support the PEO IWS commonality initiative, open architecture and enterprise hardware process.
- Interface across IWS and C4I directorates to enable progress towards achieving the PEOs goal of buying the most cost effective hardware solutions by achieving economies of scale in terms of buying power and by reducing maintenance costs. Identify potential rehost and common hardware opportunities across PEO IWS and C4I directorates including all naval combat systems.
- Provide engineering assessment of recommendations and solutions presented by various stakeholders.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute informational and decision briefs, point papers, memoranda, and program plans in support of Fleet interaction, acquisition milestones, information exchanges with other programs, and other programmatic forums.
- Support 1SE inputs (presentations and actions) to the Executive Steering Group (ESG), Flag Oversight Review Board (FOSB), various Focus Days, coordination groups, and other Flag and O-6 events.
- Assist the PAPM in maintaining program alignment within IWS 1 and with partner organizations to include PARMs, Missile Defense Agency, and other surface combatant combat management systems.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of Fiscal Year task planning across IWS 1SE and with outside organizations as needed.
- Create and maintain program financial documentation to include budget, task planning sheets, and task planning sheet summaries for tasks under direct PAPM control.
- Work with baseline management teams to provide roll-up of overall financial status.
- Coordinate across the 1SE team to ensure completion of tasking and assist or delegate assistance where needed.
- Help ensure that staffing supports required tasking. Help ensure that 1SE PAPM direction is promulgated and executed.
- Support the coordination and conduct of periodic staff meetings.
- Work with IWS 1AD (AEGIS Development), 1AP (AEGIS Production), 1SI (Ship Integration), and 1FR (Fleet Readiness) PAPMs to align IAMD SE efforts.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and 5+ yrs experience or Masters and 3+ yrs exp or PhD and 0 yrs exp
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Familiar with the operation and employment of the AEGIS Weapons System in tactical and training modes.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with the interrelationships between legacy embedded shipboard training systems (ACTS, BFTT, and/or ATD), and related sensors and systems (CEC, SLQ- 32, SQQ-89, IFF, SPQ-9B, SPY-1, Link 11, Navigation, etc.) and AWS.
- Ability to identify required changes to training systems and/or interfaces related to upgrades to system capabilities.
- Knowledge of System Engineering Practices and Principles.
- Ability to provide status reports
- Experience with Fleet Synthetic Training Events Comfortable briefing audiences of varying sizes and seniority.
- Experience in the Fleet (former Navy or Enlisted, Electronics Technician or Fire Controlman).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 3, 2018, 2:12:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job