full-time employee contract
Cyber Security Awareness Trainer
The experienced candidate should have experience in the following:
1. Develop Cyber Security Awareness Materials including but not limited to Awareness Brochures, IT security Tips of the Month, IT Security related articles for judiciary newsletters, Awareness Posters, and General Cyber Security Awareness Training.
2. Ensure that awareness and training material is reviewed periodically and updated when necessary.
3. Ensure that awareness and training material is effectively deployed to reach the intended audience.
4. Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify information security trends.
5. Assist in the creation of IT security-related electronic learning modules, presentations, and videos through storyboards.
6. Maintain the security awareness website and publish regular content on the site pertaining to relevant and up-to-date security topics.
7. Develop and roll out security awareness initiatives such as security newsletters, spotlights, phishing campaigns, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. At a minimum the candidate will have 5 or more years’ experience with federal IT security, experience with information security awareness and operational risk policies, standards and procedures.
General Experience: Five years’ experience developing and delivering strategies, plans, and tailored communications to raise the general level of awareness of information security and to create a security-aware culture.
Specialized Experience: 5 years of demonstrable experience as a team leader, manager, teacher or trainer responsible for IT Security Awareness and Training activities; and at least one of the following industry-recognized security certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification Information System Auditor (CISA), Security+, or Certification and Authorization Professional (CAP). If candidate does not possess a CISSP, CISA, Security+, or CAP, they must complete one of the certifications within 6 months of hire.