full-time employee contract
We need an experienced Network Administrator and cross-functional team member who will work diligently alongside Technical Professionals supporting and executing information technology operations occurring in Lexington Park, MD and throughout the nation.
· Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
· Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining and revising network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
· Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
· Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
· Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
· Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Participate in special projects as required.
· BS or BA degree in a Computer Science or a related scientific discipline or five (5) or more years of relative experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
· Must possess 4-9 years of relative experience.
· Must be a self-starter who can take senior-leader guidance and intent, and oversee the operations of independent and collaborative, assigned projects.
· Must be DoD 8570.01-M compliant, IAT II. (Sec+, CCNA, GSEC, etc..)
· Experience resolving complex network problems and perform network security architecting, design, and integration on LINUX / UNIX and other O/S configurations
· Supporting HPC high speed networks.
· Demonstrated experience in analysis simulation environment, configuring/troubleshooting network enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic information systems environment.
· Have worked 5 years with government agencies.
· Must possess an active TS with SCI eligibility, TS/SCI is highly desired, and will be subject to a CI Poly.