Network or Communications Scientist Intern / BACHELOR’S – Summer 2019
At BBN Technologies, a subsidiary of Raytheon, we invent new science by applying cross-discipline techniques to tangible prototype systems to prove concept viability. Our Networking and Communications Technologies group anticipates the future in very large and very small scale information exchange across wired, wireless, and undersea environments.
We are seeking qualified and eager interns to become an integral part of this work. You will join a project team that is designing, analyzing, and prototyping innovative data networking architectures. You will contribute to creating new algorithms and paradigms in such diverse and critical areas as network infrastructure security, network understanding, energy conservation, content networking, mobility, efficient channel access, and networking within extremely harsh or hostile environments. You will learn strategies for both free-form thinking and disciplined application. You will hone your oral and written presentation skills. You will work with extraordinarily talented individuals, from project leadership to fellow interns.
• Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• Deep and driving curiosity
• Understanding of networking concepts and/or radio communications systems
• Experience in design, simulation, analysis, and/or implementation
• Experience programming in modern languages
• Available to work 40 hours per week, summer 2019
• Experience with programming languages such as C, C++, or MATLAB
• Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
• Experience with network simulation tools (ns2, ns3, or commercial tools)
• Experience with signal processing fundamentals
• Experience in a Linux environment
• Experience with embedded system development
• Ability to work in teams
• Excellent written and verbal communications
Required: US Permanent Resident status or US citizen. 128803
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.