SAIC is hiring Cyber Security Engineers in Greenbelt, MD
to support NASA at GSFC
• Respond to security incidents including gathering, analyzing and presenting forensic evidence for cyber malware and intrusions.
• Perform data analytics seeking, identifying and confirming cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities to the network environment.
• Support the development and deployment of agency-wide cyber security projects and initiatives into the network environment.
• Perform risk analysis of proposed capabilities resulting in specific technical recommendations for improving security and/or mitigating cyber risk.
• Briefing technical and non-technical management on cyber issues, threats, vulnerabilities and risk reduction strategies.
• Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
• Candidate must have strong multi- tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Solid understanding of computer network protocols including TCP/IP.
• Linux and Windows system administration experience.
• Working knowledge of information security issues, trends and leading practices.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Self- disciplined and self-motivated.
• Coding/Scripting experience e.g. Perl, Bash, VB Script, Python, etc.
• Experience working with networking and security tools such as Tenable Security Center, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, ELK, Intella and Metasploit.
• Experience with VMware Hypervisor and related tools.
• Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA or CSIH.
• A self-starter, performing tasks with minimal supervision but working effectively with immediate and cross-functional team members.
• Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written).
• Excellent organizational, detail, multi-tasking and time management skills.
Must currently possess a Secret security clearance at a minimum.